Sunday, September 9, 2007

The First Post-Is this thing on?

So, I've been thinking about doing this for sometime, setting up a blog. What would I say? Would anyone read it? Did I even want anyone else to read it? My original idea was to start one as I was training for my first marathon, but now that's over and done with and I'm hooked. With only 4 weeks to go until my second marathon, I began to think that having a place to go to write down my thoughts, document my days, etc., would be nice. And since I can type a hell of a lot faster then I can write (thanks to three years of law school lectures) a blog seemed the best approach.

I always liked journaling, but my hand seriously just got tired. And I tended to journal mostly when times were tough, when I was really wrestling with things in my life. I thought it would be nice to have a more accessible way to reflect on my life, my day, etc. It was always very illuminating when I would read through old journals, full of angst, self-inward examination and questioning, when as I read, the answers and choices I should make seemed so obvious evident. But a lot of the positive and good stuff was missing and forgotten. Occasionally I would come upon entries of wonderful, funny things that has happened in my life that I had forgotten, and I loved that. My mother I'm sure would be horrified that I've decided to post something personal on the internet, but I think it will be somewhat cathartic and freeing. Why I feel the need to explain why I have a blog I'm not sure, but I guess I had to convince myself that it was a rationale, reasonable idea- I am after all a lawyer. So, here I am, about to document my goals, my days, my experiences.

I already wish I had started this so long ago. There are so many retroactive posts I want to write! But you have to start somewhere......

No comments: